The Writing Workshops

I offer small, intimate, generative, writing workshops. The goal is to write new work, grow into the writer you are meant to be, and have fun in the process. I believe that for a writing workshop to be successful every writer in the room must feel safe. I strive to create an environment in which my students feel safe to explore new techniques, safe to be who they want to be, and safe to reach past their comfort zones and grow. I've seen amazing things come out of these eight week workshops.

The assignments can be fulfilled through fiction, poetry,non-fiction, drama, or memoir.


"The Writing Workshop with Shifrah Devorah Witt became the central focus of my week.
Thanks to her insightful, professional and intuitive feedback, I wrote a chapter a week for a book I've been thinking about for years."